Lockton and British corporate healthcare provider HCA have created a programme that gives clients access to the latter’s occupational health and clinical advice committee.
In a statement, Lockton said its clients can now gain access to leading health experts for a range of advice and guidance through a single, cost-effective package.
The clinical advisory package provides the following services:
- Access to a chief medical officer for ad-hoc queries and questions.
- Clinical review and advice on wellbeing strategy, HR policy and employee communications.
- Independent advice to trustees of healthcare trusts.
- Second opinion service for complex health and risk claims.
- Individual health advice for partners and executives.
- Regular updates on evolving medical developments and new drug therapies.
- Advice on responding to critical incidents and other health related risks such as the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We know companies are often struggling to access high quality, independent clinical advice,” said Chris Rofe, senior vice president and head of client development at Lockton. “The COVID-19 pandemic has further demonstrated this need. The clinical advisory service has been something we’ve wanted to develop for some time and we are delighted to have HCA partner with us and add real value to our clients.”
“For many years we’ve wanted to develop a service which gives clients ready access to health advice, allowing them to support their employees in the best possible way,” added Gill MacLeod, executive senior occupational health physician, HCA Primary Care. “During this time when the healthcare landscape is changing at pace, regular access to advice is critical. We’re delighted to support this excellent service at a most challenging time for many businesses.”